Imagine a mix between intense flavors created by a mixture of herbs and spices, intermingled in a satisfying crispy layer of crunchy flavor surrounding an exquisitely chosen shrimp. Well, something like that is the new thing that just hit the shelves at Trader Joe’s, and customers are loving it.
The Shrimp Boom Bah, just presented and delivered to all the US stores of Trader Joe’s, is all about umami sensations: they’re crispy, battered, and come with a sweet & spicy sauce to drive you really fast to a new world of sensations in your mouth.
Trader Joe’s Shrimp Boom Bah: A new world of flavors
This is an extraordinary experience, as you will rarely find in a shrimp-based dish. While it is true that shrimp by itself is an intense flavor, but it can be a little flat sometimes, if it is not prepared in the right way. Imagine opening a package and revealing a treasure trove of shelled, tail-off shrimp, delicately encased in a tantalizing, savory-seasoned batter: that’s what this new Trader Joe’s Shrimp Boom Bah brings to your dictionary of amazing food.
They can be prepared in many ways: you can choose the traditional fried, in deep-fry oil for a brown crunchy crust like no other. Or you can go for the healthier air fryer, that will give you a great texture as well. Now, if you wanna go for the oven option, they’ll cook just great there.
What are the ingredients in Trader Joe’s Shrimp Boom Bah?
The ingredients in Trader Joe’s Shrimp Boom Bah are:
- Crispy battered tail-off round shrimp, that contain: Shrimps, soybean oil, water, predust with rice flour, yellow corn flour, modified cornstarch, wheat gluten, hot sauce made with aged cayenne red peppers, distilled vinegar, salt, garlic powder). It also contains wheat flour, cornstarch, rice flour, yellow corn flour and several spices.
- The sweet sauce contains: Sweet chili sauce with sugar, water, maltodextrin, rice vinegar, chili peppers, dehydrated garlic, salt, pineapple juice concentrate, xanthan gum, onion powder, cornstarch, and other ingredientes such as soybean oil, chili sauce based on red chili peppers, sugar, salt, garlic, anchovy extract, acetic acid, ascorbic acid. It also contain dijon mustard, dried egg yolk, sea salt, and lemon juice concentrate. For the full ingredients’ list, check the Trader Joe’s product’s page here.
What is the recommended cooking method for Trader Joe’s Shrimp Boom Bah?
Based on the reviews and information available, it seems that the recommended cooking method for Trader Joe’s Shrimp Boom Bah is to bake them in the oven. One reviewer mentioned that the fried shrimp was impeccable when cooked in the oven and suggested trying air frying as well. Another reviewer served the shrimp with sticky rice to soak up the sauce. However, it’s worth noting that some reviewers found the shrimp to be overly salty, so it may be advisable to adjust the seasoning or sauce according to personal preference.
To cook the shrimp in the oven, you can follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to the recommended temperature on the packaging.
- Place the shrimp on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent sticking.
- Bake the shrimp according to the recommended cooking time, flipping them halfway through for even browning.
- Once cooked, serve the shrimp with the sauce provided or any desired accompaniments such as rice or vegetables.
The secret weapon comes inside the box: let the magic happens
To take the flavor profile to new heights, Trader Joe’s Shrimp Boom Bah comes with a tantalizing sweet and spicy sauce. When combined with the crispy shrimp, this sauce creates a harmonious blend of contrasting tastes. Sweet sauces can be a little cloying on their own, but this one comes perfectly well-balanced with a slight acidic profile and enough spiciness, without being invasive or painful.
Take those shrimp out of the kitchen and put them on a plate. When they are still sizzling hot, immerse them in the exciting spicy sweet sauce and discover a new, vibrant and captivating experience.
Each 1 lb. box comes with a good amount of shrimp, just to put in the center of a dinner as a starter snack to whet diners’ appetites, and costs $8.99 at any Trader Joe’s in the country. Hurry up because we don’t know yet if it’s a seasonal product or if it’s here to stay on the shelves for years.
Enjoy it on its own, tossed in the delightful sauce, or use it as a protein-rich addition to a quick rice bowl. For those seeking a lighter option, the shrimp make for a perfect filling in colorful wraps with soy sauce grilled vegetables, to a totally round profile of Asian-inspired flavors.
These Trader Joe’s sweet & spicy sauces are worth trying with your shrimps
Trader Joe’s Thai Sweet Ginger Sauce is a delicious combination of exotic and spicy flavors. With its fresh notes of ginger and its balanced sweetness, this sauce is perfect to give a special touch to your dishes. Use it as a salad dressing, marinade for meats or as a dipping sauce (yes, deep-dip your shrimps!). With every bite, you will enjoy an explosion of oriental flavors that will delight your palate and transport you to the vibrant Thai cuisine. It’s a mixture of the spiciness of hot peppers and ginger, with the sweetness of the coconut sugar, a touch of pickled garlic, and just a bit of soy sauce.
If you wanna try an American twist, try the Trader Joe’s Organic Sweet & Spicy Pineapple BBQ Sauce, Whether you’re grilling, dipping, or marinating, this sauce adds a burst of tropical yet American-style goodness to your dishes. This sauce is made with organic tomatoes, pineapple juice with little pineapple chunks, with a mix of spices like garlic, black pepper, onion powder, and habanero peppers.