Ikea never tires of releasing fantastic, affordable, and functional furniture. Over the years, they have introduced a bunch of iconic pieces that have become renowned for their design and functionality. From the BILLY bookcase, that we’ve already reviewed before, to the POÄNG chair, they’ve made their space in the history of furniture design.
But also, Ikea strives to carry out the initiative that is the heart of its brand: to sell affordable furniture, easy to assemble and cheap to produce but of the best possible quality. At the latest furniture launch this summer, the Swedish brand introduced the OLSERÖD table, which is such a simple piece that you don’t realize at first glance that it’s two tables in one.
The IKEA OLSERÖD table: low-priced furniture and high functionality
The Ikea OLSERÖD table arrived to the stores as one of the most interesting additions to the catalog. This is a table that, with simple moves, transforms from a slightly higher side table into a lower coffee table, catering to the diverse activities that take place around your sofa. This smart and practical design solution offers a range of benefits, ensuring a seamless and comfortable experience.
Enjoy a proper dinner while watching TV or engaging in a nice, warm conversation with your bestie: just turn it into your next favorite table you can move all over the house. It’s portable, it’s simple to carry. You’ll love this table in a second.
Simple steps to transform the IKEA OLSERÖD table
Converting your OLSERÖD table between its two modes is extremely easy. The first thing you have to do is to remove the tabletop from the underframe: Start by lifting and removing the tabletop from the underframe. This separation allows you to reconfigure the table to your desired height.
Then, turn the underframe on its side: After detaching the tabletop, gently turn the underframe on its side. Finally, fix the tabletop in place: Once the underframe is positioned correctly, reattach the tabletop by utilizing the fasteners located under the tabletop. This secure fixing ensures stability and safety during use.
As an additional, cool feature, it comes with a fabric pouch beneath the tabletop. This convenient storage space serves as a clever solution for keeping small items close at hand, like pens, electronic devices, remote controls, and more. For as low as $39.99, you’ll get a nice, multifunctional table for any room in your house where you need a coffee table, a bedside table feel creative and enjoy the OLSERÖD.
What other furniture pieces from Ikea complement the OLSERÖD table?
To find other furniture pieces from Ikea that complement the OLSERÖD table, you can explore different categories such as accent tables, dining sets, and coffee tables. Here are a few options to consider:
- Accent tables: IKEA offers a wide range of accent tables that can complement the OLSERÖD table in terms of style and functionality. You can browse through their selection of coffee, side, sofa, and console tables to find a piece that suits your needs and matches the OLSERÖD table.
- Dining sets: If you’re looking to create a cohesive dining area, consider exploring IKEA’s dining sets that come with four chairs. These sets are available in various shapes, sizes, and finishes, allowing you to find a perfect match for the OLSERÖD table.
- Coffee tables: Another option to consider is pairing the OLSERÖD table with a stylish coffee table. IKEA offers a range of coffee tables in different designs and price points. You can choose a coffee table that complements the OLSERÖD table in terms of style and color.
What are some iconic Ikea furniture pieces?
- Grönadal Rocking Chair – This sleek Scandinavian take on a classic rocking chair is beautifully crafted and has a unique shape and coloring. It is perfect for a reading nook in the bedroom.
- Bestâ Storage – These storage units and media consoles can be used in a line of more than one to create a built-in look. They have tons of storage and come in different finishes to suit every interior.
- Fado Table Lamp – This lamp is a practical piece of styling that looks great on many surfaces. It has an interesting shape, lets off soft and ambient light, and is affordable
- Gladom Tray Table – This movable side table can work as a sofa table. It has a simple and stylish design works well with various materials and color schemes.
- Moment sofa – Designed by Niels Gammelgaard in 1983, this sofa features a steel structure inspired by a shopping trolley factory visit. It only requires 11 nuts and bolts to assemble.
- Impala sofa and armchair – Designed by Gillis Lundgren, the father of the famous Billy bookcase, these pieces feature a tubular metal frame and unique upholstery in bright colors like red or gold.
- Vilbert chair – Designed by Verner Panton in 1994, this limited edition chair is made of MDF boards covered with matt laminated colored resin. It comes in purple, blue, green, and red.
- Tajt – Gillis Lundgen’s furniture line was born out of the wide availability of denim fabric. Tajt is one of his designs that made use of denim. 
Lack tables – These simple and versatile tables are often used as a coffee or modular units. They can be configured in various ways and are a popular choice for DIY projects.
- Ektorp sofa – This rounded-arm sofa is a classic and popular choice for more traditional styles. It comes in different sizes, sectional configurations, and upholstery options.
- Docksta dining table – This clean and simple design imitates Eero Saarinen’s iconic dining table for Knoll. It can be dressed up with table linens and pairs well with any type of seating.
- Kallax shelving unit – This modular shelving unit is a favorite for its versatility and functionality. It can be used as a bookshelf, room divider, TV stand, or for displaying decorative items.
- Poäng armchair – This timeless armchair celebrates its 40th birthday this year. It features a seamless juxtaposition of classic Scandinavian and Japanese styles and comes in various coverings.
- Malm bed – This minimalist and functional bed design is perfect for fans of Scandinavian minimalism. It comes in a wide variety of finishes and can be customized easily.
- Billy bookcase – The Billy bookcase is one of the most popular and iconic Ikea products. It is estimated that one Billy bookcase is sold every five seconds somewhere in the world. It is versatile and can be built to fit different room sizes.