The disbursement of the initial round of July Social Security payments is scheduled for the upcoming week. Your specific payment date is determined by the Social Security Administration, considering factors such as the duration of your Social Security recipient status and your date of birth. For individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income, please note that you should have already received your July payment on June 30th.
The Social Security Administration distributes payments in multiple rounds throughout the month. Continue reading to discover the estimated arrival time of your Social Security payment and gain insights into the factors that determine your payment date. Are you new to receiving Social Security benefits? Find out the optimal time to commence collecting your benefits and learn about strategies for temporarily pausing them to receive a larger payout in the future.
Anticipated Arrival of July Social Security Check: When Can You Expect It?
If you started receiving Social Security benefits prior to May 1997 or if you receive both Social Security and SSI, the payment schedule differs from the usual Wednesday distribution. In this case, your Social Security payment will be issued on the third day of each month, while your SSI payment will be received on the first day of each month.
Please refer to the July schedule (PDF) below for the anticipated dates when you should receive your Social Security check and/or SSI funds:
- July 3: Social Security payments for individuals who have been receiving benefits since before May 1997.
- July 12: Social Security payments for individuals with birthdays falling between the 1st and 10th of any given month.
- July 19: Social Security payments for individuals with birthdays falling between the 11th and 20th of any given month.
- July 26: Social Security payments for individuals with birthdays falling between the 21st and 31st of any given month.
Determining Social Security Payment Dates: What Factors Are Involved?
The Social Security Administration typically disburses payments on the second, third, and fourth Wednesdays of every month. The specific day you receive your check is determined based on your birth date.
Here’s the breakdown of payment dates according to birth date:
- If your birthday falls between the 1st and 10th of the month, your payment will be sent on the second Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 11th and 20th of the month, your payment will be sent on the third Wednesday of the month.
- If your birthday falls between the 21st and 31st of the month, your payment will be sent on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
For recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI), payments generally arrive on the first of each month, although there may be some exceptions.
Receiving Both Social Security and SSI: What You Need to Know
However, it’s important to note that these payment dates may be subject to change if the first or third day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday. For example, if July 1st happens to fall on a Saturday, SSI recipients would receive their July payments one day earlier, on June 30th, while the Social Security payment would arrive on July 3rd.
In the event that your Social Security check does not arrive on the designated date corresponding to your birth date or under other circumstances, the Social Security Administration advises waiting for an additional three mailing days before taking further action.
If the check still hasn’t been received, you can contact a representative at 800-772-1213. It’s worth noting that wait times are typically shorter on Wednesdays through Fridays and between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on weekday afternoons, according to the SSA’s information.
Another option available to you is accessing your Social Security benefits online. This provides an alternative means of managing and monitoring your benefits.