The first thing a guest see when coming into your home is in the lobby. It’s kind of your house’s business card. It should give a good first impression when visitors cross the door threshold, which is why you must decorate yours, so they fall in love at first sight. And, if possible, regardless of its size, you and the rest of the family and guests enter the house through the front door. To achieve this, Ikea can give you a hand. And at a more than a good price.
If you do not have a very spacious house and your foyer is just a few meters, don’t worry, because this option of Ikea is suitable for small houses. If the Scandinavian firm is an expert in taking advantage of space, it always has a piece of furniture that fits us and covers our needs. For example, a shoemaker. That great forgotten one that never hurts. Although Ikea has several models, there is one that will make your foyer shine with its light. There is a reason why it is the company’s bestseller.
Hemnes: Ikea’s best-selling shoe rack for hallways
For the vast majority, the entrance hall is sometimes the most difficult space in the house to decorate or, at least, the one that raises the most doubts. And that’s because these spaces are usually not that bright and not so large, and you are forced to combine style and functionality. If yours is one of these small hallways, the Hemnes shoe rack must be in your home. Its price is actually affordable, less than $170 in the United States, although we are used to seeing the Hemnes in white, it is also available in black.
Its main feature is its size and, above all, its narrowness, making it much easier to place it on that wall you were thinking of. Dimensions that will allow you to store at least 12 pairs of shoes in its two folding doors. In addition, you can use the top of the shoe rack to color a decorative basket or a vase with a plant. If you want to add more light to this part, you can also bet on a mirror or a combination of mirrors, as they also add decorative points.
The handles are metallic and round, black. If they do not convince you, you will find multiple aliases in Ikea, and among them, there is sure to be one that suits the type of decoration you are looking for in your home. Undoubtedly it is a very successful option for a classic or traditional style house, but if you have a small apartment and a small hall, white will bring more clarity to the room and will not make it smaller. There’s also a 4-drawer version, a little larger to store more pairs of shoes, with a final price of $179.99. This one is better if your family is larger, for example, mom, dad and two or three kids.
Another important feature of this shoe rack, which will also save you space, is that it only has two front legs, so it must be placed against the wall (it comes with screw and Fisher screw expanders). Hence you save a lot of space in your foyer or lobby. It also has a narrow top drawer that is ideal for storing your keys, wallet, or anything else you need before you go out or when you get home.
Can the Hemnes shoe rack fit larger shoe sizes?
According to ikea.com, the Hemnes shoe cabinet has 4 compartments and measures 42 1/8×39 3/4″, and adds that it is 22cm deep. It can hold up to 8 pairs of shoes, but if the shoes are small, it may hold up to 10 pairs. However, it is not clear how large the shoes can be. Based on the dimensions, it is likely that the Hemnes shoe cabinet can fit larger shoe sizes, but it would be best to check the size of the shoes to be sure.
How can I make my small entryway look bigger?
To make a small entryway look bigger, follow these tips:
- Choose bright paint colors for your entryway walls to reflect more light and make the space feel bigger. You can also add good lighting to make the space feel more inviting.
- Incorporate clever storage solutions like sliding doors on your storage units and mirrors on the external doors to create an additional sense of space. Use LED lighting to make even the smallest space feel special.
- Avoid furniture that predominates in the space. Instead, choose furniture that is functional and narrow, and avoid pieces that are too large. Choose designs on legs to emphasize the proportions of the room.
- Use mirrors and windows to trick the eye into making your entryway look larger. You can also go for larger furniture to make your entryway look bigger by just choosing items of a larger size.
By following these tips, you can make your small entryway look bigger and more inviting. Remember to keep your scheme minimal, avoid clutter, and personalize it from a decorative point of view with the best hallway ideas and decorative tips for small spaces.
For a different style, take a look at the IKEA Trones shoe rack and storage cabinet
This simple and delicate design is one of Ikea’s best-selling shoe racks, and it is not only ideal for storing shoes and other items such as sandals, gloves, scarves, hats and much more. For only $39.99, you are going to have two 20 1/2″ (width) x 7 1/8″ (depth) x 15 3/8″ (height) storage drawers that are pivoting outward, for greater comfort and ease of access.
The Trones shoeracks are modular, so you can add as many cabinets as you want, and they will look like they are one piece of furniture. That’s pretty cool, isn’t it? Its narrow design also makes it fantastic to be installed in hallways, entryways and whatever strait space where you want to use every inch wisely.
The Ikea Trones shoe racks are available in white and black, the two universal colors to add to any home decoration, and they will fit perfectly without problems. Hundreds of Ikea customers have given the Trones a 5-star rating (out of 5), praising the functionality, quality, practicality, and design of these beautiful products.
Shoe Furniture Storage Solutions for Small Entryways
When it comes to shoe storage solutions for small entryways, there are many options to choose from. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Set up a coat rack that serves double duty with a shoe shelf to keep sneakers off the ground but still easily within reach. Opt for a shoe rack with enough room for all your shoes, potentially with adjustable or varied shoe shelf heights to accommodate boots and high-heeled shoes.
- Choose a vertical shoe cabinet, which provides a practical, space-saving solution to keeping your shoes organized by the front door. Look for one that has legs only on the front, allowing it to stand close to the wall above the baseboard. This type of cabinet can hold up to 18 pairs of shoes with nine shelves, and empty shelves can hold other accessories, like purses and bags, increasing the functionality of this free-standing vertical cabinet.
- Install a wall-mounted shoe rack or a shoe storage cabinet with a shallow footprint that can fit into spaces where other pieces of storage furniture or even baskets would never fit. Most shoe cabinets have front legs and mount to the wall, and they hide the clutter while keeping shoes organized.