We’ve all shopped at least once in the last year on Amazon, and many of us are returning shoppers. The company created by the visionary Jeff Bezos accounted $470 billions last year, especially for the retail sales of electronics and its own lines such as Amazon Basic, Mama Bear, Presto!, and others.
It also offers other services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), one of the company’s most profitable lines of business. But retail sales are still the goose that lays the golden eggs, which are extremely attractive due to the significant variety of services Amazon offers, such as home deliveries practically anywhere in the United States and in hundreds of countries worldwide.
Now, Amazon has expanded its grocery sales throughout the US, which is already a success: 78% of people asked in a survey said they knew the Amazon Fresh brand, and 46% said they loved the brand. In total, 32% of online grocery delivery users in the United States use Amazon Fresh. That is, of the 78% who know the brand, 41% use them.
Tricks to get the most out of Amazon
Despite the large-scale stock available in the famous e-commerce company, you don’t always save a lot of money if you don’t know the tricks to get discounts or bargains. The first trick you have to know is that you can save a lot of dollars by joining Amazon Prime, which costs $139 per year but it pays itself if correctly used.
Amazon Prime offers free groceries delivery (with Amazon Fresh), includes Amazon Prime Video, access to sales and special offers, and more, so paying for this membership is a great investment if you plan to use it regularly.
Another of the tricks to take advantage is to subscribe to regular Amazon shipments: if there are items that you use every month, such as toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, coffee, or tea, subscribe to regular shipments of these merchandises on Amazon, which can save you up to 15% on your purchases. The more shipments you hire, the more money you will save.
On this website it is essential to have a lot of self-control, because you can stumble and add to the shopping cart some product that you want, but that you do not “need”. In this situation, you can use the “save for later” option: That allows you to keep track of the item and be notified of any changes in the price, including discounts. Surely, if there is a better price, Amazon will tell you as long as you buy it.
Also take advantage of special sales, such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday or dates such as Veterans Day or Columbus Day, when you find absurd and unthinkable discounts.
There is another program that you may not have known existed, Amazon Renewed, which offers a very large list of refurbished items. You may not get the latest iPhone or Apple Watch, but you can get older models that work perfectly, for much less money, and with a warranty.