Solar panels are one of the renewable energies that have been growing the most in recent months. In addition to having many other advantages, they help us considerably reduce our home’s energy consumption.
That is why more and more people are considering installing a system of this type, although it is true that, before doing so, we must assess its cost. We will talk about this today, so if you want to know the installation price of solar panels, we advise you to read on.
What to consider before going solar
When we consider installing a photovoltaic energy system in our home, we all have the same question: How much will it cost to install solar panels in my house?
But to give a close price for this installation is not a simple task, far from it. Mainly because several factors will influence the final cost of the project, and it is important to be aware of them from the very beginning.
We explain them below:
- Geographical area in which the house is located. Climatic conditions vary depending on each area and may imply using some materials or others.
- Type of property. Not only if it is a single-family house or not, but also the available space on the roof for the installation of the panels.
- Orientation of the house. Depending on the orientation of the plates, one type of installation or another is required, which may influence the cost of the installation.
- Number of solar panels. To calculate the number of plates needed, we must look at the regular annual consumption of the house.
- Solar panel model. As with other devices, there are different models of solar panels with different features and prices.
- Roof condition. If the cover is damaged, it must be repaired before installation or may require additional fastening.
- Additional extras or complements. Finally, we must also consider that we may need to incorporate some additional add-ons that may make the installation more expensive.
This is the time it takes to amortize the investment.
Perhaps the figure we have indicated above has frightened you a little, but an important aspect when carrying out an installation of this type is not to see it as an expense, but as an investment.
The energy savings that the installation of a photovoltaic energy system can bring to your home is up to 70%, which implies a considerable reduction in the cost of electricity that you pay every month.
In addition, another essential issue is the fact that the lifetime of solar panels can range from 20 to 30 years, which is much longer than that of a traditional heating system. This means we can take advantage of them for much longer before renewing them.
And not only that, but we should also know that state subsidies allow us to alleviate part of the costs of this type of renewable energy. We only have to consult them and see if we meet the requirements to apply for them.
Taking all this information into account, we can say that it only takes between 6 and 8 years to recover the investment we have made in installing a photovoltaic energy system.
In summary, although the initial cost of installing photovoltaic energy may seem very high, the truth is that it is an energy that allows us to reduce costs in other areas. All this means that we can make them profitable relatively quickly.
How much does it cost to install solar panels at home?
As you have just seen, the issue of solar panel pricing is more complex than it may first appear. Even so, we will give you an indicative figure of the investment that could be involved.
The price of a solar panel installation in an average single-family house can range between 5000 and 15000 euros. All this includes materials, accessories, plates, and of course, the labor of the specialized personnel you need to carry it out.
This is quite a wide price range because, as mentioned above, many factors have an influence. Thus, if you want a specific price based on your case, it is best to contact a company that can provide you with a non-binding quotation.