Leather shoes are extremely beautiful, durable, protective and functional, being ideal to be an integral part of a look that can range from everyday to formal. But remember that, as with all the other garments, they need to be preserved to keep them beautiful and to achieve great durability over time. It is not the same cleaning your Converse white is not the same as your leather shoes because there are countless types of leather, so an effective cleaning will depend to a great extent on the variety of leather from which the shoes are made.
Below I propose the methods that are most effective for you to achieve efficient cleaning of your leather shoes (velvet, patent leather, satin, suede or leather) using everyday techniques with ingredients that are easy and simple to obtain and that you probably have at home, as well as products specially designed for this purpose. In this way you will remove stains and dirt, returning your shoes to their original appearance and enjoy wearing them looking as if they have just been purchased.
Leather footwear and cleaning method
Many of the mistakes made at the time of the cleaning of your leather shoes have a direct relationship with the skin type with which your boots have been made because there is a great variety of different leathers. Each one needs specific and determining ways to achieve the proper maintenance at an optimum level.
The ideal is to achieve a smooth, shiny, clean look and try to use methods where you do not need to purchase dangerous, difficult to use, and expensive chemicals. That is why we propose a cleansing using natural ingredients. The most effective way for the conservation of your shoes from skin is to carry out a cleaning immediately after each use, which will allow you to avoid the accumulation of dirt that will accelerate the process of deterioration of the leather with which your footwear is made.
The right cleaning technique for your leather shoes
Leather is one of the most common leathers in your footwear, requiring obvious care to prevent it from getting damaged with time and intensive use. See the correct way to clean it.
Materials needed: soft bristle brush, soft cloth, cream in the color of the leather of your shoes, or neutral color cream.
- Use a cloth dampened with water or a brush to remove any remaining dirt.
- Apply the cream (in the chosen color or neutral).
- When the cream has dried, you can polish them with a cloth (dry and soft).
- From time to time, you should moisturize the leather to prevent cracking, this action will allow you to enjoy a finish as newly acquired, you can use special oils or creams and with a frequency of a couple of times a year.
Suede leather shoes (suede)
Although this type of leather needs more care because it is a somewhat delicate material, it is also extremely beautiful and very soft to the touch. Offer them a cleaning according to these conditions, and you will see incredible results.
Materials needed: Eraser and a soft bristle brush. Optionally, you can use a spray with special protection for this specific skin type.
- A process very similar to the one used for the leather skin, first you must brush the entire structure of the shoe to remove dust and dirt; this brushing must be done in the direction of the filaments of the material to avoid damaging them.
- To remove possible stains, you use the eraser. If the stain is very difficult to remove, you will have to use a cloth dampened with white vinegar, which in addition to removing the difficult stains, will revive the color of the suede.
- After moistening and cleaning, you must remember that this type of skin should never be dried under direct sunlight, and paper should be placed inside to avoid deformation.
How to clean patent leather shoes
This type of leather, which is very common in footwear, requires some care since it does not tolerate scratches very well, and its ability to conceal dirt is nil. For this reason, it is essential to maintain a continuous cleaning process to enjoy all its splendor and beauty.
Materials needed: A soft cloth, moisturizing cream (petroleum jelly or special).
- As a first step, you will remove all the dust accumulated with the help of a cloth dampened with water and let it dry.
- Apply the moisturizing cream with a dry cloth (you can use traditional petroleum jelly or special creams for this type of footwear). It is also perfectly possible to use olive oil.
- Next it is time to achieve the maximum shine, use a cotton cloth to rub until a mirror finish is achieved. I assure you that the results will be incredible and impressive.
Perfectly clean satin leather shoes
For those who love to keep the maximum touch of glamour on their feet, satin is an ideal alternative but of exceptional care due to its great delicacy. This type of skin is very easy to stain, but don’t worry because here you have everything you need to achieve a professional cleansing.
Materials needed: Baking soda, newspaper, soda water, nylon cloth, baby wipes.
- Rub the shoe with the nylon cloth in a circular motion to remove dirt and dust.
- To discard stains, rub the baby always wipes in the direction of the fabric to avoid tearing it. You can also sprinkle baking soda or soda water over the entire structure of the shoe and rub it with the cloth.
- Allow the shoes to air dry, and remember to stuff them with newspaper to reduce deformation.
Cleaning of velvet leather shoes
Velvet leather shoes have managed to gain a prominent place in the current tastes and you can get them in various presentations ranging from ballerinas, boots or sneakers. See the right way to clean them so you can enjoy them for a long time.
Materials needed: talcum powder, neutral soap, soft bristle brush.
- For recent stains, you can apply talcum powder; this is capable of absorbing all the liquid; you must allow the shoe to dry and with the help of a brush remove any possible remains.
- With the neutral soap and water get as much foam as possible, with it and a brush you will rub until the spots are eliminated.
- Never use hot water on this type of skin and even if the water is cold, try to avoid soaking it because the abundance of liquids will also ruin this delicate skin.
As you have been able to verify a wonderful experience related to the proper cleaning of your leather footwear, It is important to carry out the process with the utmost calm and concentration to achieve the highest quality results and avoid damage to the physical structure of the various types of leather used in the manufacture of your leather shoes preferred.
Now that you have all this information, all you have to do is to enter the world of the cleaning of your footwear to give them prolonged life, always achieving newly acquired finishes and allowing them to accompany you with your favorite look, in addition to inviting you from the mansion of ideas to look at the incredible variety of cleaning post we have available for you.