The acceptance of the new technologies is increasing every day. This is due in large part to certain important reasons that keep the glass-ceramic hobs in the market. The kitchen, where their safety of use and sustainability, their beauty and wide compatibility with kitchen utensils (kitchenware, pots, pans, frying pans and casseroles) and their outstanding ease of use are outstanding cleaned.
Due to their daily and intensive use, it is common that kitchens need a necessary and adequate maintenance or cleaning to keep them shiny and free of stains, as well as perfectly clean to achieve healthy and wholesome preparations. Therefore, today I will show you the best tricks to clean your glazed ceramic and keep it always nickel-plated. You will be able to enjoy a new and durable finish in appearance, in addition to increasing the useful life of this essential appliance.
Innovative and widely used cooking technology
This so-called glass ceramic system consists of the inclusion of a glass between the heat source and the vessel to be heated. This innovative mechanism has been very well accepted by users, as it is simple to clean, easy to maintain, and it is possible to have heat indicator lights to avoid accidental burns, providing information on the remaining heat. In addition, it provides effective energy savings that are worth noting.
Glass-ceramics are largely adaptive and do not need to be exclusively electric. Remember that it is nothing more than a glass that separates the heat source from the container or pan where you cook. Therefore, you may be able to get gas, electric or induction cook tops on the market. They also have a great technology integrated in them, which allows most of them to have timers and certain extremely useful programming to achieve gourmet quality results.
When purchasing one of these kitchens, the biggest fear is to keep it shiny and clean for a long time, thus increasing its lifespan and keeping it looking shiny and new at all times. However, it will inevitably become dirty with use, which is more than enough reason to clean and maintain it properly and regularly.
Here are the basic steps to effectively clean the glass ceramic cook top, reaching very high efficiency rates and applying the precise products and cleaning agents that in many cases you will have available in your own home. So… Let’s get to work to make your glass cook top look like the first day of use!
The infallible trick to clean glass-ceramic hobs
The cleaning technique that I will explain below consists of 3 clearly defined steps. Let’s see:
- Use of vinegar: Using a cloth soaked in vinegar and water, proceed to scrub the entire surface, insisting on those areas where there are marks or dirt stains. You can remove large pieces of dirt and food debris with the help of a culinary spatula (metal or polymer). This process of wiping with vinegar can be repeated as many times as necessary. When finished, dry everything with a paper towel.
- Toothpaste application: Add a little toothpaste to the heat sources (the one of your choice) and, with the help of the cloth, spread it using circular movements. Try to apply more pressure where you notice more residue accumulation, and rub strongly in circles.
- Rinse and apply alcohol: Finally, with a cloth dampened with water, you can remove any remaining toothpaste. When you manage to remove all residues, it is time to spray alcohol diluted in water (50% and 50%) using a sprayer. Dry very well with absorbent paper or kitchen towel when finished, and you will be able to enjoy a glass ceramic hob as if it had just been bought.
- Baking soda and water: sometimes, around one of the sources of heat, a burnt fence is formed that is extremely complicated to remove. However, there is a homemade trick that is very effective in this situation: it consists of making a kind of paste with 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 10 centiliters of water. Once you have it ready, spread it along the burned surface and then spray it with vinegar. Let the mixture act for about 5 minutes and then wipe it off.
Additional recommendations for cleaning glass-ceramic hobs
The cleaning of the vitrified ceramic included in this type of appliance is quite sensitive, which means that it can be easily damaged or scratched; therefore, the utmost care must be taken. Pay attention to prevent all risks.
- Suitable cleaning utensils: The use of the appropriate implements will guarantee success: soft cloths, as well as some type of sponge, good quality absorbent paper and a spatula that you can verify that it is in optimal conditions so as not to damage the ceramic surface.
- Soap and water as an initial step: As a fundamental step for efficient cleaning, nothing better than starting with a mixture of water and a mild detergent, in order to remove dirt that is not encrusted or stuck.
- The support of a spatula: it is essential to scrape and remove the most encrusted dirt. The ideal is to achieve an inclination of 30° and to maintain an optimal grip to avoid bumps or scratches on the glass ceramic surface.
- Specialized cleaning products: There are countless cleaning products on the market that are specially designed for glass ceramic surfaces. If you decide to use them, buy one that adds shine to the glass and discard all those that are abrasive or have multiple functionalities.
Effective washing and care for a vitro that lasts forever
The useful life of your glass ceramic equipment will always be governed by the necessary maintenance you can offer it. It is not only a visual issue, so an important step is to achieve the least amount of spills and splashes, and obviously to be very careful and prevent the glazed ceramic from burning. In other words, preventive care of this glass can make this essential household appliance last longer. Surely you know the famous phrase “prevention is better than cure”. It applies here as well.
Use utensils, pots and pans that are suitable and compatible for glass-ceramic hobs. A high percentage of damage to this surface is due to the use of non-compatible cookware. These surfaces should also not be used as cutting boards, chopping and slicing boards, or to place dishes fresh from the oven.
Finally, apply common sense and you will greatly minimize soiling. This will allow you to prolong the life of your glass ceramic cooktop effectively, in addition to achieving a shiny effect and a magnificent aesthetic, as if it were a brand new kitchen. Finally, while you’re in cleaning mode, I invite you to learn about the proper way to clean your microwave with this quick and easy guide, so you can keep your appliances neat and tidy.