Dishwashers are essential in today’s kitchens because of their great benefits and their high potential to facilitate the tasks of washing and cleaning kitchen utensils, so cleaning them is of utmost importance to maximize their potential and to keep them in optimal operating conditions. An effective cleaning at a frequency of at least once a month will ensure that everything runs smoothly and maintain the efficiency of your dishwasher while increasing its life span.
The variety of methods used for cleaning is wide, so here is a list of some of them practical guide with all the tips and tricks necessary for you to achieve a professional cleaning both internally and externally and of each of its critical areas reaching and odors, as well as the accumulation of dirt, dust and other humidity and elimination of unwanted bacteria, which will also provide an unbeatable cleanliness of your dishes, glasses and cutlery.
Dishwasher cleaning according to the experts
In Spain, the Organization of Consumers and Users (OCU) has launched a statement with the potential keys for an efficient cleaning of the dishwasher and thus achieve that this important appliance can be kept in perfect working order and healthiness, let’s see what it is about.
Washing the trays: These trays are in direct contact with our kitchen utensils and must be kept clean and shiny; you can use a damp cloth and then dry them with paper towels and since they are in this area of the dishwasher, check that they slide correctly.
2. Cleaning the filters: Those in charge of collecting the dirt so that it does not go directly to the drain. These filters are located at the bottom of the internal bowl. You must remove them and empty all the food remains and then rinse them with water.
The correct way to do this is to remove the lower tray until you can see the bottom of your dishwasher. Generally, most dishwashers have a plastic basket that you must turn counterclockwise to remove and access the filter. It is important to soak it in hot water if you notice that it is very dirty.
3. The forgotten door seal: For this area, it is possible to resort to the damp cloth method to remove the accumulated dirt or food debris; it is also an area where mold and mildew frequently accumulate, you can perfectly well use a small brush to reach those hard-to-reach places.
4. The blades of your dishwasher: The blades should also be cleaned, although they do not need to be cleaned regularly so that you can carry out this cleaning at least two times a year (every six months). It is relevant to remove them for efficient cleaning, some pressure will be enough, and some of them incorporate a screw system.
The blades should be soaked in a solution of soap and water, and if the dirt is too much, you can let them stand in hot water for about 30 minutes. Using some type of degreaser, trying to use organic origin is also important.
5. The internal ducts: These internal ducts should be cleaned at least monthly; for this, you can program the washing cycle recommended by the manufacturer of the dishwasher and use one of the many products on the market “also called machine cleaners”.
How to clean the dishwasher with vinegar or baking soda
Dishwasher cleaning using vinegar
Vinegar is a very popular and widely used option in the cleaning of many household appliances, and dishwashers do not escape this trend; achieving a positive cleaning of your dishwasher with vinegar is a simple and quick process, so pay attention:
- For this cleaning, you will need a cup filled with vinegar and place it on the inside top of your dishwasher to remember that the machine must be empty. Then program a complete wash cycle at the maximum possible temperature.
- Vinegar mixed with hot water achieves the miracle of cleaning and at the same time disinfecting the entire dishwasher as well as removing dirt and grease. If the cup doesn’t make it in, you can pour the vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher, and the wash cycle will do the rest of the work. An effective, simple, and inexpensive solution with which to achieve a good cleaning of this appliance.
Clean the dishwasher using baking soda.
- Baking soda can perfectly be used as a final or closing method to obtain a much deeper cleaning of your dishwasher, it will help to freshen the smell and remove any remaining stains. Simply sprinkle the baking soda on the bottom of your dishwasher and program a short wash cycle at maximum temperature.
- Sodium bicarbonate of soda is widely used in the cleaning and disinfection of many surfaces and also offers you a valid and efficient alternative for your dishwasher, and you can enjoy its high power to eliminate bacteria and control the growth and colonization of microbes, mold, and fungi due to the humidity.
You can also learn the correct way to clean an infinite number of household appliances or various surfaces such as, for example, How to clean the microwave?, because from the mansion of ideas we put a lot of information of great interest to your full availability so that you can get to know all these tricks that you can use to improve your life will greatly facilitate your daily life.