One of the most recognized desserts in the Pitiusas Islands, along with flaó, is the greixonera. This nutritious and delicious pudding is very easy to make, since all its ingredients can be easily found in any establishment. If you are a dessert lover and you are thinking of trying this delicious dessert, do not hesitate to rent a car in Formentera and go to one of the restaurants that offer it.
The name of the greixonera is due to the fact that this dessert was made in the greixonera or in the clay pot, whose shape was oval, tall and with a lid. Currently, this dessert is still made in this type of container, but if by chance it is not available, you can use a glass baking dish.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 4 ensaimadas
- 6 eggs
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 400 grams of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- cinnamon stick
- 2 lemons
Steps to follow to make the Greixonera
- Boil the milk with the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick, then strain it and let it cool.
- 100 grams of sugar is caramelized until it is very dark, once we have the caramelised sugar, it is poured over the bottom of a mold, since it can be with high walls.
- Once the caramel has cooled, we take the ensaimadas and crumble them into not very small pieces and then pour them over the caramel.
- The eggs are beaten with the 300 grams of sugar.
- Take the cold milk and mix with the above.
- Once everything is mixed, pour it over the ensaimadas.
- Once we have everything done, take the zest of 1 lemon and a tablespoon of cinnamon and add it.
- Finally, the greixonera should be cooked in the oven in a bain-marie for two hours, approximately at a temperature of 160 degrees, or it can also be baked for approximately 45 minutes, at 180 degrees, but both must always be aware that Do not burn yourself.
- To finish, it must be stopped cooling so that it can be served later.
I hope you like our dessert and that you share it with many of your friends and family. A big hug and see you in my next post.
[table id=”65″ /]