The garlic soup or Castilian soup is one of those dishes that when the cold comes, your body asks for it because it comforts you and feels great, in case you did not know, garlic is a cleansing food that helps eliminate toxins from the body in addition to improving blood circulation due to its power anticoagulant , that’s why when you have a soup you usually feel better, thanks to this ingredient.
The homemade garlic soup recipe that I bring you today is how my mother and grandmother made it. I’m going to tell you a little something, the first day I saw my mother-in-law make this soup I loved it because she prepared it exactly the same as my grandmother’s, so you can imagine the result, great, great, how I liked it!
This soup is a recipe of use in which you use bread that has become stale and little else. So you will see how easy it is to make it and how cheap it is, for two dollars you have a good plate of warm soup.
I advise you not to stop preparing it because it goes very well for these cold winter days or when you feel like it.
If you want to know how to make a rich Castilian garlic soup? I advise you to keep reading, you will see that with just over 3 ingredients you can prepare a movie dish.
Ingredients to make Castellana soup:
- 8 or 10 garlic cloves
- 250 g of stale bread
- 100 gr of serrano ham in cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic soup or Castilian soup: step by step
- You start by putting a casserole with a little oil over medium heat, add the sliced garlic and when they are a little golden (they don’t have to be well done) you remove them and reserve them.
- Next and in that same oil, sauté the ham a little and when you see that it is more or less done, turn off the heat, add the teaspoon of paprika and stir until it is well integrated.
Final preparation of the Castilian soup grandmother’s recipe!
- Now you place the casserole on the fire again and add the sliced bread. Put the fire on high and stir with a spoon so that the bread is soaked in oil and toasted a little.
- You add 1 and a half liters of water at room temperature, the garlic and the salt. As soon as you see that the soup begins to boil, put it on a low heat and let it cook for 20 minutes. After this time you try it in case you have to rectify it with salt.
- A little before you are going to serve it, you add the eggs, one per person, and when you see that they are curdled, you remove them from the heat and eat.
My Tips and Tricks for Garlic Soup
- The garlic should not be burned because they alter the flavor of the soup and spoil it, but the little cooked ones do not give flavor. So they have to be on point.
- The garlic is removed from the oil so that it does not burn and you run the risk of the soup sticking.
- If you see it too thick, you can add a little more hot water.
- If you like your bread well done, as I do, you can crush it a bit with a wooden spoon to make it soft.
- The eggs take about 2 or 3 minutes to set, if you leave them longer the yolk will get hard and lose their grace.
Note: the price is indicative, it all depends on where you are going to buy.