Strawberries are one of the most versatile fruits, as they can be used in many different preparations . One of the most classic is the strawberry milkshake , as it still competes today with the chocolate milkshake, especially in school recesses. This smoothie is very complete: it contains healthy nutrients, lactose… and its preparation is very simple. However, in this article you will not find the classic recipe, but another one that is more original and worth trying for a change. Hopefully it will be to your liking.
Properties and benefits of strawberries
Apart from being one of the most delicious pieces of fruit we can consume, strawberries are very healthy and complete. It is composed mostly of water, and for that reason has very few calories. They are very rich in fibers that favor the good functioning of the intestine, are a good source of vitamin C; and contain vitamin E, potassium, citric acid and salicylic acid. If we analyze its composition, we can verify that it is a very healthy food.
Having explained their composition, we will now introduce some of the most outstanding benefits that strawberries can bring to our health:
- As they are excellent sources of vitamin C, they contribute to reinforce our defenses. In addition to that, vitamin C is an antioxidant and necessary in the process of collagen, red blood cells, bones and teeth formation. Citric acid enhances the action of vitamin C in the body.
- As they have a very low calorie content, they are ideal fruits in a weight loss diet. Moreover, as they are so versatile, you can use them to prepare different recipes. You won’t get tired of them.
- The salicylic acid they contain is anti-inflammatory and coagulant.
- It contains potassium, which is essential for the functioning of the nervous system and muscles.
How to prepare a different strawberry milkshake
As mentioned in the introduction, this section does not include the traditional recipe. We want to give you the opportunity to try a different strawberry milkshake that you’re sure to love. Aim well.
- A small portion of strawberries (about 6 or 7)
- Half a glass of oat flakes (approximately)
- A glass of water or almond milk, oat milk or cow’s milk
- A small spoonful of honey, sugar or other sweetener
- Freshly grated ginger (optional)
In just six steps, you can enjoy a variety of strawberry milkshake that is not as well known, but equally rich, smooth and nutritious. I’m sure you will do it more than once.
- Fill half a glass with oatmeal, add water and let the mixture soak. This step is very important, as it will facilitate the digestion of the cereal and make it much easier to grind. This should be done a few hours before preparing the smoothie.
- Wash the strawberries with plenty of water and remove the stalk. If they are very large, cut them into small pieces to make them easier to work with.
- In the blender jar, add the fruit, water or milk and honey. Strain the previously soaked oat flakes and add them to the mixture.
- If you want to give a very attractive spicy touch to the recipe, we recommend grating a little ginger (but not too much) in the blender jar. The difference between doing it and not doing it is abysmal. We recommend it.
- Blend everything for one minute until a homogeneous liquid without lumps is obtained.
- When you have finished blending all these ingredients, all that’s left is the best part: enjoying a spectacular homemade smoothie, with a silky texture and an exquisite flavor. If you want it to be really refreshing, keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving. Enjoy!