Although not as well known, the avocado and milk shake is one of the most recommended beverages by experts in the food industry nutrition and dietetics to condition the body in the gym and gain muscle mass or achieve its definition in a healthy way, so much so, that it works very well as a supplement to any meal. This is because this combination contains a high content of natural fats necessary for the body, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals that, in addition to strengthening bones and muscles, help the immune system to remain in good condition.
So, if you came to this article looking for information about this noble shake to drink before or after training, keep reading and know its properties, how to do it according to your needs and expected results and learn a little more about the steps to prepare it so that its flavor is delicious, and its properties are well-used And without adding sugar!
What is an avocado milk shake for?
Opting for an avocado smoothie with milk (of vegetable or animal origin) before or after exercise is an excellent alternative to obtain strength and energy in a healthy way and low in harmful sugar for the body. In addition to the above, it is antioxidant, and rich in nutrients that provide a better performance and functioning of the organism, among them:
- Vitamins: A, C, D, E, K and B6.
- Minerals: calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and copper.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids and oleic acids beneficial for the heart.
In addition, it is a fruit low in fructose and very satiating because it is a source of vegetable fibers, which regulate digestion, cholesterol levels, triglycerides and blood sugar and fight constipation, so it is ideal for weight loss diets, gaining a few pounds or gaining muscle mass, you just have to know how to combine the right ingredients and adjust the drink to a calorie deficit or a diet oriented to weight gain.
Avocado and milk smoothie recipes
There are many ways to prepare these tropical fruit smoothies and give them a different and very appetizing flavor. Remember that in the kitchen you have to give free rein to your creativity and it is a matter of trial and error. Check out these recipes for smoothies with avocado, milk and other ingredients that together are an explosion of nutrients for the body:
Avocado, milk and cinnamon smoothie Sweet and nutritious!
We all know that avocados have a semi-neutral flavor, which is why they are great to use in sweet or savory recipes. They are everyone’s friend! This smoothie is a great ally to burn fat and give the body a vitamin boost in a quick, easy and very tasty way.
- 1 ripe avocado.
- 200 ml liquid milk (cow’s, coconut, soy)
- A handful of walnuts or almonds.
- 5 dates.
- A little honey or sweetener to taste (optional).
- One tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Vanilla (optional).
- Cut the avocado into medium pieces and place in a blender with the milk, cinnamon, handful of almonds, dates, cinnamon and honey.
- Blend until it has a creamy and thick consistency to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy.
Avocado, milk, oatmeal and banana smoothie A fiber bomb!
Do you need to gain muscle mass? This one is for you! If you are on a weight-training plan to strengthen and prepare your muscles for growth, this shake is an appropriate choice, which, in addition to providing fiber and naturally occurring nutrients, will serve as a delicious snack that will keep you satiated for longer.
- One medium ripe avocado.
- A ripe banana.
- 200 ml of milk of your choice.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar or any sweetener.
- A handful of oat flakes.
- A touch of lemon juice.
- A dash of vanilla.
- Chop the avocado and banana and add to the blender along with the milk, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and blend.
- Add the oat flakes and blend again.
- Serve and enjoy.
Avocado, milk and strawberries smoothie Powerful antioxidant!
Avocado is one of the most delicious, healthy and versatile fruits in the kitchen, there is no doubt about it. Used in salads, creams such as guacamole and in incredible sweet smoothies full of protein and antioxidant properties that give vitality and energy. This is one of them:
- ½ ripe avocado.
- One cup of strawberries.
- A medium glass of whole cow’s milk, skim or vegetable milk.
- Honey or sweetener (sugar if you like).
- Natural yogurt to taste.
- One tablespoon of flaxseed.
- Blend half of the ripe avocado in medium pieces with the strawberries and milk and blend.
- Add yogurt and sugar to taste.
- Finally, serve and add the flax seeds as a topping.
Avocado, pineapple and milk smoothie. Cleansing and refreshing!
East milkshake, one of the simplest, freshest and full of flavor, since it combines the creaminess of the avocado with the citrus of the pineapple. It is a great choice to purify the body thanks to the green leaves, while providing healthy fats, iron, natural fiber and plenty of energy to start the day with spirit.
- One ripe avocado.
- 4 slices of pineapple.
- Milk from any source you like.
- A few leaves of chard or spinach.
- Sugar, honey or sweetener.
- A touch of grated ginger.
- In the blender cup add the chopped avocado, pineapple and milk and blend.
- Once a creamy liquid mixture is obtained, add the chopped chard or spinach, sugar or sweetener and ginger with a few pieces of ice.
- Serve and enjoy at any time of the day.
How to make an avocado and milk smoothie for weight loss?
This drink can be adjusted to suit your personal preferences and needs. That is to say, if you want to lose weight you should reduce calories as much as possible, therefore, you can substitute cow’s, coconut or soy milk, for some other with less caloric energy such as the low-sugar almond milk, this way it will be a vegan, healthy and very tasty smoothie!
So, you can enjoy the benefits of avocado and indulge yourself without jeopardizing your dietary progress. However, it is recommended to take it in the morning or as an afternoon snack, avoid taking it in the evening as your body will go into rest for several hours at a time.